Friday, November 26, 2010

Social Media keeps me "plugged in" while on mat leave


I'd like to take this moment to thank Social Media (namely Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook) for keeping me "plugged in" to the work world (while on maternity leave) by allowing me to keep up with co worker's discussions online. It's great, and I can even weigh in when I get a minute away from my newborn (although that doesn't happen often!).

Not to say that I don't love being with the little munchkin, but taking care of baby 24/7 can sometimes feel monotonous and make me feel like I'm out of touch with what's going on out there in the world. SoMe not only lets me keep up with news (work related and global), but also lets get some of the gossip - who moved to what job, which department has new social media accounts, twitterwalls at events I'm unable to make it out to (*sigh*). I can't help but wonder what my maternity leave would have been like without social media! It definitely keeps me sane.

Oh, and thanks to all my wonderful colleagues for filling me in on all the gossip (you know who you are :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! nice post Ana and of course what a cute pic of little Leo!

    ReplyDelete